Access and using your Membership
1. Harewood House and Grounds are open to the public on a seasonal basis. The dates vary each year and can be found on our website, Visitor Information leaflets or from staff members. Access outside of these dates is not permitted.
2. Harewood Memberships are non-transferable. Membership cards may only be used by the Members named on the card.
3. Membership allows free admission to the public areas of the Park and House for the named Members only during our advertised opening hours.
4. Children three years of age and under at the time of joining the Harewood Membership scheme are admitted free of charge to Harewood. At the time of Membership renewal, if your child has reached four years of age they become eligible for paid entry and your Membership will automatically be upgraded to reflect this. It is your responsibility to inform the Visitor Experience Membership Team prior to renewal if you do not wish this to happen.
5. All Harewood Members must report to Visitor Reception upon arrival at Harewood for your visit to be recorded.
6. Harewood Members must be in possession of their Membership card in order to be admitted free of charge. If you have lost or misplaced your card, please contact the Visitor Experience Membership Team on 0113 218 1001. A replacement card will incur a small charge.
7. Only one Membership card is valid per Membership. It is the Members’ responsibility to ensure all Members wishing to visit are present at point of entry.
8. Membership discounts in our gift shop or catering outlets, where applicable, will only be granted upon presentation of a valid Membership card in your name.
9. Members who require essential assistance in their everyday life may include a Carer on their Membership free of charge. Proof of essential care needs is required. Please ask for further information.
10. From time to time you may be asked to provide proof of your identity on entry as part of our Visitor Management Procedures. Failure to provide such proof may result in refusal of entry.
11. With the exception of entitlement to free entry to Harewood during open season as stated in term 3, we reserve the right to change Membership benefits, including the parts of Harewood open for public access, without prior notice for any reason.
Renewals and Direct Debits
12. Approximately one month prior to the expiry date of your Membership we will contact you to advise that it is time to renew.
13. If you are a Direct Debit Member, unless we hear otherwise from you, your renewal payment will become due 10 days prior to the expiry date of your current Membership. This is to ensure that new cards are received promptly upon renewal.
14. If a Member paying by regular Direct Debit falls behind with payment, we reserve the right to refuse entry, revoke Membership and seek the outstanding balance.
15. As an environmentally conscientious organisation, where possible we contact Members via email at the address given on the Membership application form. Please check this frequently to ensure that you receive up to date information regarding your Membership and other Harewood News.
16. If your contact details, address, eligibility to claim Gift Aid or Direct Debit details change during your time as a Harewood Member, it is your responsibility to let us know by contacting the Visitor Experience Membership Team on Membership@harewood.org to update your Membership record.
17. Harewood House Trust does not accept responsibility for any correspondence missed as a result of you not advising us of any changes.
Cancellations and refunds
18. You may cancel your Membership at any time prior to the expiry date by writing to Harewood House Visitor Experience Membership Team, Harewood House, Leeds, LS17 9LG or Membership@harewood.org
a. Please quote your Membership number, name and postcode in any correspondence.
b. Memberships cancelled before point of renewal will remain valid until the original expiry date and will not be renewed.
19. Refunds are not applicable other than in the following circumstance:
a. When cancellation of a Direct Debit Membership is requested within 1 calendar month of the renewal payment date. In this instance a refund will be made only where the card is not subject to Gift Aid, has not been used since the date of renewal and will be subject to a cancellation fee of £10.
20. Whilst we will make it clear when your Membership grants free entry to ticketed events, being a Member does not entitle you to free entry at all ticketed events, nor does it guarantee the availability of tickets to such events.
21. As a Harewood Member you may, from time to time, be offered complimentary admission to events held within Harewood Grounds that are organised by a third party. In these circumstances admission will only be granted if you are in possession of a valid Membership card in your name.
22. On event days, alternative entry points may be in operation. Please follow the directions of staff.
23. Membership offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
24. We reserve the right to refuse entry and/or Membership and/or to revoke Membership without refund if a Member behaves in a threatening or abusive manner towards any person at Harewood, or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections or property cared for by Harewood, or acts in a manner which could bring Harewood into disrepute.
25. We reserve the right to revoke a Membership without financial compensation if any of these terms are breached.
26. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
27. These Terms and Conditions replace any prior Terms and Conditions issued by Harewood.
These terms and conditions were updated in February 2023.