Saturday 11 February 2023
10.30am – 1pm
Join us this Valentine’s for a ring making workshop from Lucy Addison Jewellery.
Lucy started her business almost 6 years ago when she graduated from University. She studied a BA Honours Degree in Applied Arts for Enterprise at Cleveland College of Art & Design (now known as The Northern School of Art).
During this silver ring making workshop you will learn silversmithing techniques, including texturing metal, shaping and forming, soldering and finishing. Working with 925 sterling silver you can create a beautiful ring for yourself or a loved one.
What's included in the price?
- You will learn silversmithing techniques including texturing metal, shaping and forming, measuring, soldering, polishing and finishing.
- The opportunity to practice soldering with a copper template ring.
- One to One tutoring
- A ring to take away for yourself or as a gift
- Access to Harewood’s Grounds & Gardens
- All materials and equipment
- Due to silversmithing methods this workshop can get a quite noisy when you are using hammers to shape & pattern the metal.
- You don’t need to bring anything, all materials & tools are included in this workshop, but if you wear glasses please bring these along as some work includes looking close up.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing where possible and if you have long hair please tie this up.
- No previous experience needed but good fine motor skills are required due to the nature of the workshop.
How Can I Book?
- You can book online here.
- Alternatively you can contact our Visitor Experience Team on 01132181000 or firstname.lastname@example.org