+44 (0)113 218 1010
Date: Late 1700s
Location: Yellow Drawing Room
One of a pair of George III giltwood mirrors by Thomas Chippendale, with oval plates and beaded foliate carved and anthemion carved borders.
These mirrors were probably originally installed in the Salon (now the Main Library), c.1770-2, but removed in the 1850s when the peripheral carving was boxed up and stored in the carpenters workshop. In 1989 they were restored by Carvers & Gilders and hung in the Yellow Drawing Room.