Our boat, The Capability, is setting sail for tours of the Lake on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and selected bank holidays. Enjoy a short pleasure trip and enjoy views of the House and Walled Garden.
Boat rides are charged at £3 per person. Please note this applies to Harewood Members and general visitors.
How can I book?
You can call the Visitor Experience Team on 0113 218 1000 for details before you arrive or simply go to the Courtyard Information Centre when you visit. The Capability departs from the jetty by the Bird Garden and payment is taken by the Boat Skipper on the day. Please note, it is cash only.
Health and Safety Information
- The Boat Skipper is responsible for the safety of all passengers. Passengers maybe refused access to the boat at the Skippers’ discretion.
- Please take care when alighting and disembarking from the boat
- The vessel is not suitable for wheelchairs, pushchairs and prams.
- Age restrictions apply. Children under 1 year old are not permitted.
- Children under 12 years old must wear a buoyancy aid.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- Please be seated in the chairs allocated by the Skipper.
- Please note the boat can facilitate a maximum of 10 people per trip.
- No bulky items such as large bags are permitted.
- All valuables should be stored safely and are taken on the boat at your own risk.
- Please listen carefully to the safety briefing by the Skipper.